Tuesday, December 30, 2014

And The Last Tester Project

Hello everyone! My anchor tester project is from a new-to-me tester, Rebby, although we've been in the same blanket block swap group (she's a moderator), and we also adore each other pets. She's also designed a few of her own motifs, as well as tested many others.

When I initially approached her as a potential tester a while back, she was busy with other things. The timing of the book's testing phase worked out perfectly for both of us, and I'm so glad her project is anchoring this phase of the book's preview, because it is a total winner - she worked up the Nichols Cardigan. Everyone, please note: this is Rebby's first ever crocheted cardigan. Is this not absolutely fantastic? To the left is Rebby rocking her cardi, front left open, while in New Mexico. This yarn colorway is excellent on her, and the rows of motifs drape so well in the front.

She tinkered slightly with the shrug sleeves to suit her arm length, and provided wonderful feedback on a small yet sticky design point, for which I'm very grateful. 




However, she also took a few excellent photos from her home in Pennsylvania, and to the right is a great shot of the back of the sweater.

The last photo is the cardi closed in front with a great piece of jewelry, which I just love. I mean it everyone when I say if you can make a square and a rectangle, you can make this cardigan! More importantly, the easy shaping looks good on any body type. I have to admit, I've already got my fiber set aside so I can make one for myself. 

I want to thank all of my testers for such super work on the designs in the book. I am so thrilled that each was a part of this process.

I wish everyone a healthy and happy New Year. I am putting the finishing touches on Leather, Lace, Grit & Grace, and making certain all my t's are crossed and i's dotted. The next announcement you see from me here on the blog is when the soft cover book is published (which should be very soon, but no later than mid-January).

In the meantime, you can still order the book during pre-release from my Big Cartel online store. If you purchase it prior to publishing day, you'll receive an electronic .pdf version absolutely free. After the soft-cover publication, it will cost more to purchase both together.

Until next time (in 2015!) ...


No comments:

Post a Comment